- Country of manufactureChina
Disodium salt of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (chelating agent-III, Trilon B, helaton III) - organic compound, sodium salt of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid , is a white crystalline powder or white crystals. Highly soluble in water and alkalis , very slightly soluble in alcohol; pH of a 1% aqueous solution is 4.5; pH of the formulation with a mass fraction of 5% 4-5.5. It forms a very stable complex compounds with the majority of cations . It reacts with strong oxidants. When storing avoid contact with aluminum, zinc, nickel, copper and copper alloys.
The main function: making insoluble salts of metals soluble.
- in analytical chemistry for the determination of many cations and anions , eg .: Ca , Mg , Cu , Co , Ni , Zn , Fe , Mo , Al , rare earths , Tc , U , SO 4 2- , PO 4 3- , CN - et al. (cm. chelatometry ) masking,
- in the manufacture of medicines and in case of poisoning by heavy metals,
- in the production of household chemicals and detergents,
- while preserving et al.
- restoration to remove traces of corrosion with products from bronze and other non-ferrous metals, especially manifests itself well to clean silverware ( Attention ! The drug can hopelessly spoil the product, breaking the patina !).
- in industry for heat and power washing equipment, pipes, boilers; Water treatment in boilers and heating systems; as a stabilizer in the polymerization process; in the pulp and paper industry; in the manufacture of rubber; in analytical chemistry, and in many other fields.
- ammonia solution of Trilon B (5% ammonia and 3% Trilon B) allows you to quickly and effectively repair lead-acid batteries by desulphurization of lead plates.
Trilon B is the trade name of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid disodium salt, and is a crystalline white powder. This name was introduced by BASF and has been used as a trademark for the substance, but very quickly came into use, and is used by other companies to describe the product. Used as trisodium and tetrasodium etilendiaminterauksusnoy acid, but to bind the same amount of the ion necessary to take them in larger quantities. Trilon B is ion coagulant . Scheme its action based on the extraction of metal ions from the insoluble metal salts and their substitution for sodium ions almost all salts which are soluble in water regardless of the valence of the metal complexone one molecule reacts with one molecule of metal. This is a valuable feature found great use in analytics.
- TRB-2Na + CaCO3 - TRB-Ca + Na2CO3 soluble insoluble soluble insoluble
A similar reaction occurs with copper ions, iron (II and III) magnesium, manganese. Moreover Trilon B is not an oxidizing agent and does not react with metals in the zero oxidation state.
Due to the above properties of Trilon B is widely used various industries.
In particular, it is used for cleaning boilers and pipes of the heating elements from scale and rust. Scale - a lime build-up is formed by magnesium and calcium salts, are always present in any water, and determine its stiffness. Formed in the piping on the heating elements because of reduced solubility of salts with increasing temperature. As a result, decreases the useful section of pipelines and heat exchangers in the heat transfer coefficient decreases substantially. Similarly, Trilon B is used for purification of automotive cooling systems, washing machines protection as a single drug or in combination with detergent. Trilon B is used in analytical chemistry for the qualitative and quantitative determination of metal salts by allowing a substance to form a chelating metal ions, painted in a different color. Wherein the color of the solution will depend on the metal ion, which complex is formed.
May cause irritation of the skin, mucous membranes of eyes and respiratory tract and bronchitis symptoms.